Every dog has a unique personality. That's why it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a few weeks for your pup to bond with their GoBone. Read on for our tips and tricks on how to convince your dog that GoBone is safe and interesting.
- Introduce GoBone slowly, pet GoBone yourself, and speak nicely to GoBone and to your pup.
- Leave a few treats around GoBone and allow your pup to investigate the area around GoBone.
- Give your pup a treat every time they approach GoBone.
- Place treats, kibble, or a spreadable treat such as peanut butter between the white cap and the blue lip on each wheel. You may need to break the treat into pieces to get them to fit. You can also spread peanut butter on the shell inside the grooves.
- Ensure that your pup is relaxed and receptive before introducing motion with the GoBone App.
- Run Bonding Mode in the GoBone App.
- Introduce motion slowly while giving your pup treats.
- Experiment with different speeds to see what your pup likes and slowly increase the speed while making sure your pup is having fun.
- Avoid corrections and punishment during the bonding process.
- Tie your pup's favorite squeaker or plush toy to GoBone so that it drags it behind it.
- Revisit the previous steps if your pup is afraid of GoBone.
We'd love to hear how you're pup responds to GoBone. Contact us to share your story.